Robert Laurence Schroeter
Lobbying since: 2018
Robert L Schroeter
GONZAGA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW (JD)
Editor of Law School Newspaper, Bill of Particulars
ST. JOHN'S UNIVERSITY (BA) Government & Politics
COLLEGE EUROPA Certificate Budapest Technical Univ., Hungary
UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON Certificate Performance Coaching & Situational Leadership
ASSISTANT ATTORNEY GENERAL
WASHINGTON ST. ATTORNEY GENERAL, Olympia, WA
Counsel for State agencies on program/legislative issues; Representation before Federal and State Trial and Appellate Courts. Representation of Western State Hospital on personnel, worker’s compensation (employer) & labor issues (WISHA/OSHA/Collective Bargaining). Rule 9 Legal Intern/Clerk.
ROBERT L. SCHROETER, ATTORNEY AT LAW, P.S., Chehalis, WA
Pe Ell Town Attorney (5 years), Mossyrock City Attorney (5 years), Superior Court Arbitrator, Special City Counsel (Winlock), Land Use Hearing Examiner, County Public Defense Oversight (6 years)Law and Government Relations practice with agencies, state and local governments, and before State/Federal courts. Representation of public entities on Civil Litigation, Public Records/Disclosure, Zoning/Land Use, Labor Relations (CBA/Grievance arbitration), Clean Water Act compliance, general civil/criminal practice issues.
DIRECTOR OF GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
COMCAST CABLE (Oregon & SW Washington Region)
Direction of state, federal & local government affairs. Advocacy with legislators, commissions & councils. Franchise & Community affairs management. Member of management team, providing public presentations, staff supervision, legislative analysis & testimony, budget development & oversight.
DIRECTOR, OPERATIONAL SUPPORT
WASHINGTON STATE LIQUOR & CANNABIS BOARD, Olympia, WA
State Agency Division Director. Areas: Contracts/Procurement, Lab certification, Public Records Disclosure, Facilities, Litigation. Member of management team, providing trainings, staff supervision, legislative analysis & testimony, budget development & oversight. Agency Risk Manager & Public Records Compliance Manager.
CEO & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
WASHINGTON ASSOCIATION OF CONSERVATION DISTRICTS, Olympia, WA
CEO of State Conservation District Association, supporting the state’s 45 conservation districts and local supervisors. Communications, membership relations and services, non-profit board relations and support, external relations and inter-governmental relations with local, state and federal officials and organizations. Budget development and oversight.
CEO & EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
CLALLAM COUNTY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION, Port Angeles, WA
CEO of non-profit 501(c)(6) entity, supporting regional economic development initiatives. Communications, membership relations and services, budget development & oversight, external relations and inter-governmental relations with local, state and federal officials and organizations.
TONO OLYMPIA INSIGHTS LLC, Olympia, WA
Organizational Consulting services on Strategic Planning, Process Improvement, and Managerial & Regulatory Compliance Training. Additionally, Law and Government Relations practice (SCHROETER LAW PLLC - in Olympia, www.schroeterlaw.com) before agencies, state and local governments, and State and Federal Courts.
NON-PROFIT LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE:
• CHAIR, CLALLAM COUNTY TRANSPORTATION COALITION - Clallam County, WA
• PRESIDENT, FAMILY TREE RELIEF NURSERY- Linn-Benton Counties, OR
• PRESIDENT, LEWIS COUNTY BAR ASSOCIATION - Lewis County, WA
• PRESIDENT, LEWIS COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY & MUSEUM - Lewis County, WA
• PRESIDENT, KIWANIS CLUB OF CHEHALIS - Lewis County, WA
• CHAIR, JACOBS GALLERY - Lane County, OR
EXPERIENCE as BOARD/COMMISSION MEMBER:
• NORTH OLYMPIC LEGISLATIVE ALLIANCE, Vice Chair
• OLYMPIC WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL, Member
• NORTH OLYMPIC ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL, Vice Chair
• LEWIS CO. SOLID WASTE ADVISORY BOARD, Municipal Representative
• CHEHALIS HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION, Commission Member
• SPRINGFIELD (OR) JAIL OPERATIONS/REVENUE TASK FORCE, Mayoral appointee
• CHEHALIS-CENTRALIA AIRPORT, Governing Board member
• LEWIS CO. LONG-TERM RECOVERY ORGANIZATION, Board member
• LEWIS CO. DV PREVENTION COALITION, Board member
• PORT ANGELES FOOD BANK, Board member
• YOUTH IMPACT, INC., Marion Co., OR - Board member
• FAMILY TREE RELIEF NURSERY, Linn-Benton Co., OR - Board member
• THE RELIEF NURSERY, INC., Lane Co., OR - Board member
• HEAD START OF LANE COUNTY, INC., Lane Co., OR - Board member
• PEARL BUCK CENTER, Lane Co., OR - Board member
• SPRINGFIELD MUSEUM, Lane Co., OR - Board member
• DISPUTE RESOLUTION CENTER OF LEWIS CO., Board member
• LANE BUSINESS EDUCATION COMPACT, Board member
• LEWIS COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY & MUSEUM, Board member
Editor of The Lewis County Historian (publication)
• KIWANIS CLUB OF CHEHALIS, Board member
Editor of The Chehalis Kiwanian (publication)